The key element of calendars in Akken Staffing is its view feature. You can view a full screen perspective for the day/week/month events. Click on the ‘Calendar’ link on eDesk to view your schedules at a glance. The eDesk screen refreshes and displays the Calendar screen on collaboration.
- The Calendar screen is configured according to the view you have selected as default.
- You will find the link Today in the calendar screen. Using this link, the user can get back to the current calendar day whenever the user navigates to previous or next calendar dates.
User opens the calendar screen on 3 March 2009, if the user navigates to 3 April 2009 and want to get back to current calendar day i.e. 3 March 2009, the user can click on Today link. Clicking on Today will let the user get back to his current calendar day.
If the user has Weekly calendar view by default, then clicking on Today will let the user get back to his current week calendar. Similarly for Monthly and Yearly view.
- Click on the Refresh link to refresh all the calendar items in the Calendar home page.
If the user is available in Day view, then clicking Refresh will refresh all the calendar items available in the Day view home page. The same procedure applies for Weekly and Monthly calendar views as well.
|Refer to the ‘Calendar’ topic under Collaboration help module to know more about calendar setup and other details.|
To edit or modify the calendar item:
- Click on the relevant ‘Calendar title’ link you wish to edit on eDesk. The eDesk screen refreshes by displaying the calendar item in edit mode.
- Make the required changes and click on Update link to save the new changes.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ link to delete the calendar item. A message will pop up with OK and Cancel buttons.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm the deletion. The system refreshes by deleting.
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ link to cancel the changes and close the delete message window.
- Click on the Close link to close the calendar item.
On the eDesk home page, click on the ‘New’ link from Calendar section of the eDesk screen. The eDesk screen refreshes by displaying the form to add new Calendar item from eDesk screen.
To add a new calendar item from eDesk,
- Specify the subject for the calendar item in the Subject text box. Select the calendar type from the Categories drop down list. To mention a new category type, click the Manage Categories link. By default, the calendar type will be Meeting.
- You can select multiple categories for the calendar appointments. You will find the All day event checkbox below the Subject text box.
- An “All day event” is an event that lasts for an entire day. All Day events are often birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, and any other event that does not require a specific time scheduled on a given day. You can create an All day event by clicking on the “All day event” link available in the Calendar home page. When you are viewing your calendar, all the All day events are listed at the top of each day.
- The Start Date and End Date fields display the current start and end date of the calendar in the respective fields. You can edit/modify the start date and end date if required. Alternatively, you can click on calendar icon to specify the scheduled start date and end date.
- The Participants list box displays the members who are selected for invitation for the calendar item.
- You can also specify the start and end time of the calendar appointment from the Start Time and End Time drop-down lists. When the user creates a new calendar item, by default, the duration between Start Time and End Time will be 1 hour. If the user changes the start time of the appointment, then automatically the end time of the appointment will be changed.
- Clicking the ‘Select Participants’ link displays the pop up window to add the members for this calendar item.
- To remove the participants from Participants list box, select the participant and click on the ‘Remove Participants’ link. The selected participants are removed from Participants list box.
- Enter the calendar item description in the Description textarea.
- The Location field specifies the location of the calendar item. You will find the edit list link beside the Location drop down list. Using the edit list link, you can edit and delete the location of the calendar item.
- You can also have an option to select the label for the calendar item using the Label drop down list. The calendar labels will be displayed in different colors. Each label will be assigned a color to choose.
- Select the Notify me check box option and specify the time during which the reminder alert needs to be triggered from the Pop Up/eDesk Reminder field.
- If you want to maintain your details as confidential, you can select the Private check box.
- You can set the level of importance for calendar items using the Priority check drop down list. Calendar items that are set as priority will be shown in bold on Calendar and eDesk screens.
- The Show time as drop list allows the user to specify the status of the calendar item. It contains the following options: Free, Tentative, Busy and Out of Office. By default, the “Busy” option will be selected.
- User can upload the required files to the calendar item using the Upload File(s) field. Multiple files can be uploaded.
- You will also find the Recurrence link at the top of the Appointment screen.
- You can click on the Recurrence link to set the calendar recurrence in the Calendar screen. The selected recurrence settings will be displayed in the calendar screen.
- Click on the ‘Save’ link to save the schedule. The Calendar screen refreshes by saving calendar item details.
- Click on the ‘Close’ link to cancel and return to the previous page.
- On eDesk under Calendar section, the calendar event will be displayed as a link, with start time, end time and event title.
Calendar Section on eDesk
- Only the priority field lets the user know the importance of the calendar item by showing it in Bold view on Calendar and eDesk screens.