Invitations as the name imply, displays the invitations sent by others, on E-Desk. You can view all the invitations received by you for the day, or by
changing the calendar date, view the invitations received in the past.
The schedules of others, for which you have been included by the other users of the application, are displayed under Invitations section.
All the invitations received by you now will be displayed in the Invitations and Calendar sections of your eDesk screen.
The invitations section on E-Desk displays the information like the Date, Time, Invitation Title and Name of the Sender who has sent the invitation in a link form. You have to click on the invitation link to accept or reject the invitation.
- When the owner of the calendar invitation modifies/updates the invitation and clicks on Update link, the system displays the following alert message:
- If the owner of the invitation clicks on Delete link, the system displays the following alert message:
- If the invitation has any guests invited already, then clicking OK will display the following message.
ACCEPTED INVITEE’S CALENDAR
- When the invitee accepts the invitation the event shifts from the Invitation section to the Calendar section on eDesk, i.e. the invitation now becomes a calendar event of the invitee. When the accepted invitee clicks on his calendar event on the eDesk, his calendar screen will be displayed.
- The invitee now can click on Tentative link to accept the invitation temporarily or click on Decline to reject the accepted invitation.
On eDesk, the invitations will be displayed until the user accepts the invitations.
When the owner of the invitation clicks on his calendar event that is created, the system displays the following screen:
In the above screen:
- The status of the invitees’ will be displayed in the Participants list box of the Calendar window.
- The invitees who accepted the invitation, their status will be displayed as ‘Accepted’ against their email address in the Participants list box of the Calendar window.
- Invitees who accepted the invitation temporarily their status will be displayed as ‘Tentative’.
- Similarly, the invitees who rejected the invitation, their status will be displayed as ‘Declined’.
- The invitees who does not accept or reject the invitation, their status will be displayed as ‘Pending’.
- You can view all the notes, which the invitees enter while accepting or rejecting the invitation, in the Notes field, along with the date, time and the invitees name.
Note: As you are the owner, you can update and delete the calendar invitation using the Update and Delete links available in the Calendar window.
SEND INVITATIONS THROUGH CALENDAR
Invitations on eDesk list the invitations that are received. You can send the invitations using the calendar feature. While adding the new calendar item, you can invite others for your appointment or meeting. All those employees or external contacts who are listed when adding a new calendar item, will be sent an invitation. They too can accept or reject the invitation sent by you.
ACCEPT/REJECT AN INVITATION
You can accept or reject the invitations from the Invitations section of eDesk.
To accept the invitation, perform the following steps:
- On eDesk – Invitations section, click on any Invitation Title link, you wish to accept. The system displays the Invitations window as shown below:
- In the above screen, you can do the following:
- Click on the ‘Accept’ link to accept the invitation.
- Click on the ‘Tentative’ link to accept the invitation temporarily.
- Click on the ‘Decline’ link to reject the invitation.
- Click on the ‘Close’ link to close the window.
- All the invitations received by you will be displayed in the Invitations and Calendar sections of your eDesk screen.
- The status of the Invitation in the Calendar section will be displayed as Pending until you accept that invitation in the Invitations section.
- Once you accept the invitation, then the pending status in the Calendar section will disappear.
- If you do not Accept or Reject the invitation, then the invitation will be displayed in the Calendar section with status as “Pending” on the date specified by the owner of the invitation while creating it.
- If you accept the invitation before the specified date, then it becomes your calendar event and displays in Calendar section. Now, the pending status of the invitation will disappear.
- If you select the Repetitive option while creating the invitation, then it displays the invitation in the Calendar section of the invitee based on the day specified by you.
- You can also view the invitations sent for others in the calendars screen to know the availability status of the invitee for sending the new invitation.
SYNCHRONIZATION OF THE INVITATION
Akken Staffing automatically synchronizes the status of the invitations between the owner of the invitation and the invitees. Both the owner of the invitation and the invitees who have accepted the invitation can see the status of the invitation and the corresponding changes as well as the names of the other invitees from their respective calendar screens.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article