Working With Folders
Akken Staffing provides you the basic frame work of folders to help you to get acquainted with folders. There are certain default folders offered with E-Mail. You cannot edit or delete these folders. The following are the list of folders that are provided by default.
The following are the list of mail folders predefined under e-mail:
- [Inbox] The Inbox folder is the home to all incoming messages (Unless the filter is specified).
- [Outbox] Every message passes through Outbox folder on the way to its destination. The out box folder displays the e-campaigns and job postings created by you. The e-campaigns or job postings done by you are first captured in Outbox as Bulk Mail and then they are passed to destination.
- [Sent Messages] The copy of the e-mail message that you send can be stored in the sent messages folder.
- [Drafts] The drafts folder displays the messages that you saved before sending.
- [Trash] The Trash folder displays the messages that you have temporarily deleted.
- [Unsubscribe] The Unsubscribe folder captures and displays all the messages for which the message title (subject) contains the text as ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘remove’.
- [Failed] The failed folder displays the messages that are failed to its destination. One of the possible reasons for message failed to send is incorrect specification of the domain address.
- [Spam] The Spam mail folder enables you to manage your junk e-mail messages. The Spam mail folder displays the messages that are marked as spam by you.
The number in the brackets after the folder name shows the count of the unread messages.
- Mail folder appear with the symbol before the name with ‘+’ or ‘-‘within.
- When mail folder shows a + sign, it means that they are folders hidden within it and if you expand they will show.
- If the mail folder shows a – sign it means that mail folder is fully expanded and there are no folder hidden within it.
Navigating the Folders
The folders screen lets you to add new folders, sub folders, remove and rename them and move the folders among folders. Mail folders that are bolded indicate the folder you have currently selected to view.
By default, selecting the e-mail screen window shows the inbox screen:
- To open any of the folder within the screen, click on the folder link left pane. Result: The screen refreshes by displaying the folder contents in the right pane.
- You can create any number of folders and sub folders and make it to look in tree format as displayed above.
- You can move among the messages using the up and down arrow keys from the current highlighted message.
- Select any of the folders and you can perform the options discussed in the "Receiving Messages and Organizing e-mail" messages sections.
- Click on the ‘ExpandAll’ link to expand all the existing folders to view the contents in the folder. Result: All the existing folders are expanded.
- Click on the ‘CollapseAll’ link to collapse all the folders. Result: The folders are collapsed.
You can create new folders to hold your messages
They are several ways to create a new mail folder:
- Using the [New] link from folders part in the left pane of the screen.
- Using the "Create Folder" link from Manage Folders screen.
- Using the "Create New Folder" link under External Mail Server pop up window, displayed while adding a new e-mail account.
Akken Staffing provides you the flexibility of creating new folder in several ways. You can create new folders to track your messages. You can add your own folders to the ones that Akken Staffing already has ready for you.
You can create the folders in Akken Staffing in several ways, the standard way to create new folder is, click on the [New] link adjacent to folders link in the left pane. Result: The Create new folders pop up window is displayed.
Add New Mail Folder Screen
- Enter the folder name in the Folder Name text box.
- Select the "Show this Folder on eDesk" check box to view this folder on eDesk screen under E-Mail section.
- Select the folder under which you want create the new folder. For instance, you can create sub folder in ‘Important’ folder as indicated below or select the option as None if you want to create the folder at inbox level from the drop down list of "Under Folder" field.
- Click on the ‘Create Folder’ link to create folder. Result: The new folder is added in the folders screen.
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ link to close the window.
Using the Folder Screen
Manage Folders option lets you to rename, move and delete the folders and empty the messages from the selected folders. You can select the folders to display on the eDesk screen. Click on the [Manage] link to manage your folders. You can also click on the "Folders" link. Result: The screen refreshes by displaying the Folders screen.
The Folders screen displays the list of all existing folders. These folders display the total messages it has, out of which the new and unread messages count is also displayed.
- The Folders screen displays the list of all existing folders. These folders display the total messages it has, out of which the new and unread messages count is also displayed.
- To open a mail folder within the screen, click on the "Folder Name" link. Result: The screen refreshes by displaying the mail folder.
- To create a mail new folder from Folders screen, click on the "Create Folder" link. Result: The Create Folders pop up window is displayed. See the Creating mail folder topic to know how to create folder.
- If you have lots of messages in the folder, and the messages are using your Mail Box size to the fullest extent, you can delete the messages to free up the mail box. To empty the mail folder, click on the Empty icon of corresponding mail folder. Result: The Folders screen refreshes by deleting the message from the selected folder.
- You can edit or rename a mail folder by clicking on the Edit icon of the corresponding mail folder. Result: The Rename Folder screen is displayed. See the Renaming a Mail Folder topic for more details.
- You can even move the mail folders to another mail folders just by clicking on the Moveicon of the corresponding mail folder. Result: The screen refreshes by displaying the Move Folder screen. See the Moving one Mail Folder to another topic for more details.
- Click on the Delete icon to delete the corresponding mail folder. Result: The screen refreshes by deleting the folder. See the Delete a Mail Folder topic for more details.
- You can set any mail folder to display on eDesk screen. To do this, select Show icon of the corresponding mail folder. Result: The selected mail folder is displayed on eDesk screen.
- You can set the mail folder not to display in eDesk screen. To do this, select icon of the corresponding mail folder. Result: The selected mail folder is not displayed on eDesk screen.
- The Mail Folders which are provided by default, cannot be renamed, moved, or deleted and are not available to display on home page except Inbox folder.
- To close the window, click on the "Close" link.
You can rename a mail folder whenever you wish. To rename a folder, on the Folders screen, click on the Edit icon of corresponding mail folder. Result: The Rename Folder screen is displayed.
Renaming Mail Folder Screen
- The current name of the folder is displayed in the Folder Name field.
- Enter the new name of the folder in the Rename Folder Name text box.
- Select the "Show this Folder on Home Page" check box to view this mail folder on eDesk screen.
- Click on the "Rename Folder" link to accept the renaming of the folder. Result: The Rename Folder screen refreshes by changing the mail folder name.
- Click on the "Cancel" link to cancel and return to the previous page.
Moving One Mail Folder to Another
You can move the mail folders from one to another. Unlike the messages, you cannot move more than one folder at a time. On the Folders screen click on the "Move" link of corresponding folder, to move the folder.Result: The Folders screen refreshes by displaying the Move Folder screen.
- The name of the mail folder is displayed in the Folder Name field.
- Select the mail folder under which you want this folder to be listed.
- Click on the "Move Folder" link to move the folder. Result: The Move Folders screen refreshes by moving the folder.
- Click on the "Cancel" link to cancel and return to the previous page.
You can choose to remove a mail folder in which messages are still stored. To delete a folder,
- On the Folders screen, click on the Delete icon of the corresponding folder. Result: You are prompted to confirm the deletion of the folder.
- Click on the OK to confirm and delete the folder. Result: The screen refreshes by displaying the mail folder.
If you delete a non-empty mail folder, all the messages, sub folders within the mail folder are also deleted.
|You cannot rename, move and delete the default mail folders provided under E-mail. Similarly the default mail folders (except Inbox) cannot be made available to display on your home page.|