Creating New Users:
Go to Admin – User Management
All employees that are currently active AkkenCloud users are listed below. Click on New User icon on top left to create a new AkkenCloud user.
CHECK THE LIST BELOW. This is a list of your employees in HRM. If the employee is listed below, click on the Create User link next to his/her name. If the employee is NOT listed below click on Create Employee.
If the employee is NOT listed in the list to create a user, once you have click on Create Employee you will be presented with the screen below. Leave the top option selected and the click on Process.
After you have clicked on Process you will see the screen below. Fill in First Name and Last Name, no other details are required, however, you can fill them out if that is your preference. You will also need to select an HRM Department and Location in the HR Data tab of this screen.
NOTE: After you click on Hire you will be taken back to the Create User screen in which the name will appear on the list so that you can click on Create User next to the employee’s name.
After you click on Create User, you will be taken to the Preferences page. First you need to select the type of user you are creating from the drop down list. The types are: Front Office (CRM), Back Office (HRM/Accounting), and Unlimited (CRM and HRM/Accounting). NOTE: Employee self service is for external employees only.
After you click on the User Type, you will see the items corresponding to the type of user you have will be checked off. If you need to add or remove items that you do not wish to grant the employee access to, just remove the check from the corresponding boxes. Once you have selected the items for the employee, click on Next.
Create a user name and password for your employee. After you have completed the form, click on Create Account.
Once you click on Create Account the user will be listed below on the list of users in User Management. To make any changes to the user you can use the icons to the right of the user name.
The icons listed from left to right are as follows:
- Preferences – (notepad with orange down arrow) to make changes to the user type along with adding and removing preferences the user can view from his/her AkkenCloud account
- Edit User name – (person with green plus) to edit the user name of your AkkenCloud user
- Edit Password – (key) to edit the password of your AkkenCloud user NOTE: AkkenCloud does not reset passwords for users, only the Primary Admin on the account will be able to have AkkenCloud reset his/her password. All other users can be reset by the Admin.
- Email Setup – (email letter flying) this is to setup a user’s external email account in AkkenCloud. Please see the directions below:
- Click on the Email Setup Icon then click on Add New Account
Granting HRM Department Viewership Access:
In order for administrators to view records within employee management of employees of your company you must be give permissions within the Administration Department in HRM to view the list. Chris Allison is the only user with permissions to view the Administration Department and all the employee records that are associated with the Administration Department. Currently there are 15 employees associated with the Administration Department.
If there is going to be more than one administrator that will require access to the Administration Department, you can add permissions to other users through Edit Department. Check the box next to the department you wish to Edit, then Edit Department.
In order to add multiple users you must hold down the control key (CTRL) and select the users you wish to add, then click on Save. These users now have permission to view the records in those folders.
Deactivating a User
To deactivate a user account you must navigate to Admin-->User Management.
User Management is where you can see create/deactivate users, see active users, edit user preferences, change user types, as well as changing usernames and passwords:
The very far right icon is the deactivate user icon. After clicking on it the following window will appear:
After clicking 'Select Employee' when changing ownership of records you will get the following pop-up window to select an internal employee to move the record ownership to:
Note: If you utilize AkkenCloud as your email client you can also move existing and new emails that were originally tied to a user and move them to another user(as long as they have an email account configured in AkkenCloud).
RE-ACTIVATING A USER:
Once you're on the Deactivated Users page you can then determine which types of users you wish to view by using the dropdown menu labelled 'User Type':
To reactivate a user account you would simply click on the orange icon on the far right of the screen.
To view a full sized copy of the image, please click directly onto the graphic.
To activate the user account for an employee:
Click on the Activate icon for the employee you want to reactivate. The system refreshes and displays the following alert message as shown below:
How Reactivated Employee’s email will function upon reactivation:
- If the employee’s email folders were moved to another employee, then the Reactivated Employee will not see legacy emails and folders in their collaboration email screen.
- If email forwarding was enabled to go to another employee, that will stop and all new emails will be sent to the Reactivated Employee.
- If no email options were selected when deactivating, the email account will contain all information that it had before.
- Click on the Reactivate Employee to reactivate the employee.
- Click on the Cancel to cancel and return back to previous page.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article